about me

Monday, December 15, 2014

Pastel Me Pretty

The Pink Coat all started when I would always get asked where, what and who I was wearing. When I first started brainstorming ideas for this blog I knew I wanted it to embody anything and everything that a woman is and aspires to be while staying on a healthy budget. I want The Pink Coat to be whimsical and provide a fashionable take on everyday life adventures for the every-day girl. So slip on your pink coat and follow along as we all become the woman that we want to be!









One of my favorite things about fashion is the opportunity to do something unexpected. Taking certain seasonal trends and incorporating them into a completely different season is an easy way to recycle outfits and recreate them in a whole new way. And don't we all want to get maximum use out of our favorite splurge of the season?! One of my favorite Spring trends is wearing pastel colors so when I saw this gem of a sweater at Old Navy (currently on sale for $20!!) I just had to have it! At that point I realized that pastels are no longer just for spring, but just as popular for winter! A tip for wearing this pastel trend during winter is to make sure that the pastel pieces are paired with wintery items like scarves and coats. I fell in love with this winter trend and it got me wondering what winter trends will you be rocking?
                                                                       
       Sweater: Old Navy (currently on sale for $20)
       Coat: Forever 21 (on sale for less than $35)
      Jeans: American Eagle
        Scarf: old; similar here (only $7!!) and here
        Booties: old; similar here and here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment