about me

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Working Wardrobe







The journey that a woman embarks on is full of up's and down's with many different, and sometimes unexpected, adventures. I am a firm believer in dressing for the woman that you want to be and for what you want to achieve along your journey. One of the most important journeys a women will venture out on is searching for her dream job. Whether she aspires to be a writer like Carrie Bradshaw or a schoolteacher in a small town she will need a killer wardrobe (duh!). So, naturally, dressing for the job that you want is a no-brainer, right?! An outfit can say so much about you like whether you are confident, value originality and even whether or not you can take care of yourself. These are all things that bosses and colleagues alike will notice not only during the nervously awaited first interview, but also after you have secured the job. For me, a good outfit gives me confidence and it sets my attitude for the day. All of those things allows for me to have a better day (I mean, who can have a bad day in polkadots?!), allows me to concentrate better and even to produce better work. I really love this outfit because all of the pieces are so versatile and can be worn with so many other options from my closet. 



P.S. The skirt is actually a hi-lo skirt that I just turned to the side to mix things up a bit. I hope you will try it out :) Also, something to have on your radar is the Life is Beautiful Blog. It was created by a co-worker of mine and it is such a great blog for the every-girl. This gorgeous girl addresses things like makeup tips, tackles DIY projects and the best part is that everything is college budget friendly! Check her out, ladies!



  Blouse: old; similar here and here
  Skirt: old; similar here and here (love this one!)
   Tights: no longer available; similar here
   Shoes: old; similar here and here
    Purse: Target (not available online)
    Necklace: old; similar here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment