about me

Monday, January 26, 2015

The Woman I Wanted To Be




"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become" is a quote from the Woman I Wanted to be that I think really hits home for so many women. I don't think we ever know exactly what we want to do in life, but it is the adjectives we want associated with our name that rarely changes. Independent, smart, confident...whatever it may be, those adjectives are what is the most important thing in becoming the woman that we all want to be. 
This is such an excellent story of the life of Diane von Furstenberg from her mother surviving Auschwitz weighing only 49 pounds to DVF marrying a prince to the story of the global DVF brand we all know today, I highly recommend this book to everyone and would love to know what you all think of the book! 

P.S. Can I just be BFF's with Diane and wear an iconic wrap dress for the rest of my life?! #lifegoals

Quotes from the book:
"I wanted to be an independent woman, a woman who could pay for her bills, a woman who could run her own life-and I became that woman."

"My best friend is me, and I take good care of me."

"Beauty is perfect in its imperfections, so you just have to go with the imperfections."


Shirt: J. Crew; love this one (on sale!)
Blazer: Aeropostale; no longer available; similar here
Scarf: Francesca's; no longer available; similar here
Shoes: Steve Madden; no longer available; very similar here
Book: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment